Do you often find crust stains on bathroom tiles? These stains not only interfere with the beauty and cleanliness of the house, but also risk becoming a hotbed of disease due to accumulated dirt.
However, you don’t need to worry because this article will discuss some easy ways to clean ceramic tiles on bathroom walls and floors.
How to Clean Bathroom Tiles?
Ceramic is a building material that requires special care, especially if it is located in the bathroom.
Why is that? The reason is, the bathroom is one of the most easily dirty and damp places in the house.
With dirty and damp conditions, it will be easier to build up crust due to dirt buildup on the ceramic.
As a result, the finished ceramic looks more dull and unsightly.
Not only that, there is a risk of disease due to bacteria and germs that nest if the bathroom tiles are dirty and rarely cleaned.
That is why cleaning the bathroom should be made a routine activity to maintain personal hygiene, especially cleaning the tiles on the walls and floors.
This cleaning activity also includes PHBS or Clean and Healthy Life Behavior in daily life.
The following are materials that are easily available to restore the cleanliness and shine of ceramics in your bathroom.
1. How to Clean Ceramics with Vinegar
The first way you can try is to use a vinegar solution. Yes, who would have thought that this kitchen ingredient could be used as a cleaning fluid?
The benefits of vinegar for cleaning household appliances have been known for a long time.
Reporting from the David Suzuki Foundation website, vinegar can prevent growth and kill bacteria in household appliances.
Follow the steps below when using vinegar as a bathroom tile cleaner.
- Prepare cup of white vinegar and gallon of water.
- Combine vinegar and water, stir until evenly distributed.
- Put the vinegar solution in separate small bottles equipped with sprays.
- Ready-to-use vinegar solution to clean stained ceramics.
2. Clean the Ceramic with Baking Soda
Not only white vinegar, you can also use baking soda or baking soda as a way to clean dull and crusty bathroom tiles.
Baking soda or baking soda with sodium bicarbonate content is useful as a versatile cleaner, from scale stains, mold, to rust, all of which can be overcome with this cake ingredient.
Not only that, baking soda is also effective in eradicating bacteria and germs because of the antibacterial properties in it.
How to use baking soda as a ceramic cleaner is quite easy.
- Prepare baking soda and a damp sponge.
- Sprinkle baking soda over the crusty ceramic.
- Scrub the crusty area with a damp sponge.
- Rinse until clean.
For maximum results, you can rinse the remaining baking soda with white vinegar.
3. Clean Bathroom Tiles with Citron (Citric Acid)
Citrus or citric acid is found in many household cleaning products. However, this compound is also present in lemons and limes.
If you want to use a natural way of cleaning bathroom tiles that are crusty, you can use citron from lemon or lime.
Here’s a very simple way to clean bathroom tiles with citron.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of lemon or lime juice and 1 liter of water.
- Mix the two until completely dissolved.
- Transfer the solution to a bottle with a spray.
- Citrus solution for ceramic cleaning is ready for you to use.
4. Get Rid of Stubborn Stains on Ceramics with Chlorine
The use of chlorine powder is not only intended for swimming pools, but also as a household cleaner.
Well, you can use chlorine powder as a way to clean ceramic walls and floors in the bathroom.
The power of chlorine is so powerful, it can even remove stains that have been stuck for years.
Here are tips for using chlorine as a ceramic cleaner.
- Flush the ceramic floor and walls with hot water.
- Sprinkle chlorine powder on the stained ceramic.
- Let stand for 30 minutes, then scrub off the remaining chlorine with a brush.
- Rinse until clean.
5. Clean Ceramics with a Special Descaling Cleaner
If you want an instant method, choose a special descaling product to clean ceramic tiles in the bathroom.
There are many descaling products available in the market so you can find them easily.
You only need to prepare a container or bucket, then pour the cleaning liquid into it.
Use a brush to rub the liquid on the dirty ceramic. After letting stand for a few minutes, rinse with water until clean.
Those are 5 effective ways to eradicate ceramic stains that are hard to lose in the bathroom.
Before you start cleaning, don’t forget to wear rubber gloves to protect your hands.
Also, make sure you always wash your hands before and after cleaning the bathroom.