Clean Stainless Steel Sink – Stainless steel dishwasher is a tool for washing various kinds of kitchen utensils as well as a medium to beautify your kitchen. Stainless steel is widely used, due to its resistance to heat, corrosion, and stains. With chromium content, this material usually reacts to oxygen in the air and then forms a protective layer that is able to prevent rust and reduce the risk of spots becoming permanent. This reaction is inhibited when stainless steel surfaces are covered in grease and dirt, which can make them more susceptible to rust.
One item that uses this material and has always been a part of your kitchen is the kitchen sink. Most stainless steel materials are rust-proof. However, even though it is stainless, if it is not cared for properly, it will lose its luster and will appear dull and dirty.
Therefore, even though it is used as a means to clean various kinds of utensils, a stainless steel kitchen sink or dishwasher also requires special care and cleaning so that it always looks clean and shiny. Basically, maintaining a stainless steel sink is not difficult. However, you should know the things that can make it look dull and dirty.
Read More : 5 Ways How to Clean a Toaster
Cleaning Types For Clean Stainless Steel Sink
There are 2 types of sink cleaning methods that can be used to make stainless steel sinks look clean as new. Here are the ways:
- Light cleaning The way to clean a sink that is light and can be done every day after use is by pouring Sunlight Lime 100 into a container of water. Dip a sponge into the container, then scrub the entire surface of the sink. Afterward, rinse the sink with water, then dry it with a cloth.
- Heavy cleaning Wine or soda stains can cause your kitchen sink to develop black spots. However, you don’t have to worry because these stains can be removed by cleaning the sink with a special cleaner like CIF Cream. To do this, apply CIF Cream Multipurpose Cleaner to the stained area, then rub it with a cloth. Then, rinse with warm water.
Aside from knowing how to clean stainless steel sink, you can also make the sink look shinier and shinier. A little olive oil can be used to polish the stainless steel sink to make it shine. Use a little olive oil and a dry cloth to polish the sink. Afterward, rinse the sink with warm water.
You can also polish it with a stainless steel polishing product to protect the surface. You can also use various other natural ingredients as an alternative, such as lemon or vinegar. It is not difficult to apply and you can do it either before or after you wash your stainless steel sink with Sunlight Lime 100 by polishing the sink.
It’s not just food or drink stains that can make a stainless steel kitchen sink dull and look worn. Soap stains such as laundry soap can also make your sink look dull. To avoid soap stains on your sink, use a dishwashing liquid that does not leave soap stains, such as Sunlight Lime 100. Avoid using wire sponges when washing dishes to avoid scratching your sink. As a solution, you can use special sponges for washing cookware and tableware.
Things You Should Do In Maintaining a Stainless Steel Sink
You also need to know that there are several things you should do in caring for your kitchen sink or stainless steel sink after knowing how to clean the sink. Some of these things will make your kitchen sink avoid a variety of dirt and food debris that will reduce the shine of your kitchen sink or dishwasher, besides that you will find it easier to clean it. Some of these things include:
- Clean up food spills as soon as possible.
- Soak cooking or eating utensils to prevent food debris from hardening and then sticking to the surface of your kitchen sink or dishwasher. The longer it stays, the more difficult it will be to clean up.
- Don’t forget to always dry your kitchen sink or dishwasher after use. This is to avoid water marks that will cause crust if left for a long time. Dry with a clean cloth the stainless steel sink or dishwasher area.
That’s how to clean a sink and maintain a stainless steel kitchen sink or dishwasher. This is an activity that is not difficult and important to do. In addition to maintaining its shine so that it always looks new and clean, by ensuring its cleanliness, your kitchen will always look clean and tidy. Let’s keep your sink or dishwasher clean and looking new!
Read More : 5 Powerful Ways to Clean a Sticky Iron